A Fraserburgh Herald reader would like to know when the present granite war memorial was erected.
It replaced, on the same site, perhaps in the 1950s, the original stone memorial which was built about 1920 and took the shape of a square tower about 6-8ft square and about 20-30ft high.
A trawl through old copies of the Fraserburgh Herald has not revealed the information required regarding the present memorial.
The reader has suggested that some previous pupils at the nearby Inverallochy School may recall seeing it being erected, and may remember the class they were in at the time. This could establish the year.
If anyone can help, please contact the Fraserburgh Herald office at High Street, Fraserburgh, on 01346 518109.