Transport Museum secures star car

editorial image

The Grampian Transport Museum in Alford is delighted to announce the arrival of a rare Edwardian car for the 2014 season. 
One of very few examples left in existence, the 1910 ‘round radiator’ Maudslay has been kindly loaned from the Coventry Transport Museum, who have two such cars. Coventry is where they were manufactured.

The loan has been made possible as the Coventry museum is currently undergoing refurbishment works. 
A crown jewel in this year’s line up at the Grampian Transport Museum, Maudslay were once extremely popular in Aberdeenshire and also Aberdeen City, where civic cars of the day were Maudslays. 
Sir Charles Forbes of Strathdon, formerly of Newe Castle, was Chairman of the company and influenced the local wealthy elite of the time to support the company and buy his products.

To this end the Museum is also home to a good photo collection of these vehicles on local roads.

Grampian Transport Museum opened for the 2014 season on Sunday, March 30, with a ‘Mothers Day Special’. Frequent visitors to the Museum can take advantage of the popular gtm+ membership scheme, which offers unlimited free access to the museum and events, along with a range of exclusive member’s benefits.