10-1 win for Link Up

Since the last report, Link Up have won in the league at Paul Lawrie Foundation (3-2) & Kemnay (4-1) but lost at home to Dyce (1-2) and exited the Eddie Mannall Trophy at Albion (0-2).

Today they faced a depleted Lewis side in blustery conditions but still played well to register a comprehensive victory with a decent spread of goals throughout the team.

Link Up went ahead after 5 minutes with a well constructed goal. Mair, Masson and J Simpson combined with a neat triangle of passes which created the time and space for Mair to pick out Dyka wide right. Evan held off a challenge to pick out McCRORY at inside right and he thumped a low drive across the keeper into the bottom left corner.

2-0 soon followed and J Simpson featured again, driving forward from right back before sending an inviting ball across the 18 yard line for FRASER to latch onto. Blair evaded a tackle and dispatched a rasping drive high past the advancing keeper from 15 yards out on the left of the box.

The homesters were then content to play possession football for a spell but were jolted back into action after Lewis were handed a lifeline through a Mair own goal.

B SIMPSON re-established their two goal cushion with an accurate shot driven low & hard into the bottom right corner from inside left, off a great through ball from McCrory after Mowat had taken play upfield with a surging run from centre-half.

Just prior to half-time, a kick-out from the Lewis keeper was met with an emphatic Gilmartin clearing header which found McCRORY on the edge of the box. Kane brought the ball under control, stepped across a challenge to make space and lashed a high bending shot just inside the post for 4-1. The Brochers went nap early in the second period through MOWAT’s close range finish to Gilmartin’s low driven cross from the left.

6-1 followed when MAIR met an inswinging McCrory corner from the left to plant a header into the net and atone for his o.g.

McCRORY notched a deserved hat-trick after B Simpson drove down the right flank and crossed for Alford to lay off. Kane then beat the last man and drilled a low shot out of the keeper’s reach.

A long throw down the right from Mair reached DYKA and he embarked on a jinking solo run past a series of challenges, before keeping his composure by drawing the keeper and rolling the ball into the empty net.

FRASER then made it 9-1, racing onto a searching Masson ball inside the Lewis right back before cutting in and calmly side-footing past the keeper. The scoring was completed when GILMARTIN bulleted a header home from a wicked inswinging Fraser delivery of a corner on the left.

Link Up had the bulk of both possession and territorial advantage throughout this match and made good use of it with excellent passing, allied to movement off the ball, creating a stream of chances, especially when they kept their shape and used the full width of the pitch.