12 defeats in a row for United

United fell to their twelfth defeat in a row, but not before giving unbeaten Dyce all they could handle at Ian Mair Park, Dyce.

The two sides could not have more opposite fortunes. Dyce have won all twelve games they have played this season while United had lost all theirs. A one sided fixture was expected and reflected in the betting stakes with the Broch 8-1 to earn a victory.

United were forced into tactical changes as injuries and player absence forced them to play a
3-5-2 formation with striker Lawrence shoe-horned into centre midfield, but the diminutive striker turned an superb performance, along with his teammates, and was unlucky to be on the losing side. Fraserburgh FC youngster James Gibb also made a very impressive debut.

United started the sharper of the sides, the midfield trio of Rollo, Lawrence and the deeper lying McLeman were working well together and they combined to find Watt whose effort from 25-yards was easily held by Buchanan in the Dyce goal.

Dyce began to assert some control on the game and on 15 minutes came close to opening the scoring. Ralton swept a long ball down the middle and Herd raced clear but Sinclair saved superbly to ensure parity.

However, this only delayed Dyce’s opener as on 22 minutes they took the lead. Ralton advanced on the left and slipped the ball into Bartlett inside the box and he finished well into the far corner.

In previous games this season United have buckled when conceding but this time they stormed back and equalised with a great move on 32 minutes. Lawrence won the ball in the middle of the park before flicking a sublime ball wide to Watt whose cross was gobbled up by Gibb 4-yards out to draw the teams level.

Dyce hit back and a super one touch move involving four players ended with Glashan hitting a screamer that just whistled over Sinclair’s bar.

Just before halftime United conceded a soft second. Bartlett’s ball over the top caught out Taylor and as Duff got in goal side Taylor’s desperate lunge saw him foul the Dyce winger inside the box.

Neish stepped up to fire low to Sinclair’s left and gave Dyce the half time lead.

Dyce started the second half as they finished the first but could not find another goal. Their best chance came on 63 minutes when Duff again found space inside the box but his effort was brilliantly blocked by Innes.

Fraserburgh kept plugging away and Gibb almost grabbed a second when Hay’s through ball saw him win the race to the ball but Buchanan stood tall and blocked the ball wide and out of harm’s way.

Another chance fell to Fraserburgh on 82 minutes, sub Cowie’s pass found Watt 10yards out and his effort was blocked by Buchanan with the rebound falling to Ross whose own effort was crucially cleared off the line by Steel and Dyce were able to close out the game for another three points while United remain rooted to the foot of the table.