Fraserburgh hit Lossie for five

The Broch returned to winning ways this weekend, ending a miserable run since September in which they failed to record a single win, hitting Lossiemouth for five goals in a Bellslea thriller.

Zak Conway led the line for the Broch, grabbing a first-half hat-trick to kill the game before the break, his first at the Broch.

From the first whistle, manager Kris Hunter had set his team off on a flying start, the in-form and free-scoring Scott Barbour orchestrating the Broch’s first of the afternoon - less that two minutes into the game.

From an in-swinging corner, Barbour’s ball found the head of Neil Main whose ball, in turn, found Conway capitalising on Lossiemouth’s defensive woes to convert from several yards out.

Further joy came for the Broch soon after, Conway again picking up on another loose ball to convert from close proximity to the Lossie ‘keeper, Errol Watson.

Watson, doing well to keep out a Barbour effort on target, could only deflect the ball as far as Conway, who wasted no time in smashing the ball into the goal for his second of the day.

Another goal quickly followed for the Broch, Lossie hopes sinking of a comeback before the half-time whistle was blown.

Another Scott Barbour corner caused more trouble than it should have for Lossie again, Watson failing to reach the ball with Ryan Christie bursting onto the end of it to poke it into the goalmouth.

Four goals down, it was almost a nightmare for Lossie when Christie again tested Errol’s goal, the frame preventing his second of the afternoon.

With time ticking, Lossie began to mount a challenge to the Broch’s dominance, a long-ball allowing Lossie’s Ross Archibald the opportunity he needed to challenge Jonathan Dunbar in the Broch goal, following Paul Leask’s suspension.

The stand-in goalkeeper, though, was able to get enough on the effort to send it harmlessly past the post.

The second-half started as the first had ended, with Lossie trying to find a way back into the game.

Archibald was, again, the visitors’ main threat in the afternoon, his effort shortly after the restart beating everyone but the goal mouth itself, the ball landing just inches above its open mouth and on the roof of the net.

Graham Johnston exchanged passes with Barbour in the Lossie half which carved a way through their shell-shocked defence.

Johnston, however, failed to find a way past Errol, who was able to make the save.

The Broch continued to search for a fifth goal, Conway again trying his luck on goal, but it would be from another set-piece that the Lossiemouth defence would crumble.

Johnny Chalmers launched a free-kick into the area late in the second-half, finding Conway who sent the ball towards the goalmouth, challenging Watson in goal.

Roy Noble, however, would be the one adding his name to the score-sheet when he met the ball just a few yards out knock it into the back of the net ahead of the final whistle.

The convincing win for the Broch sees Hunter’s team remain in the bottom-half of the Highland League table, but will, no doubt, send a reminder to the teams above them that Fraserburgh, if anything, can score goals.