Mixed fortunes for Buchan teams in weekend fixtures

editorial image

In the Deejays Nightclub League, table-toppers Bellslea met Panasonic and the home side raced to a three-goal lead in the first half.

Josh McCrae made it 4-0 before Liam Norris pulled one back. Reece Duncan scored a fifth then Jamie Clark scored a second for the visitors to end the scoring.

Elizabethan Link Up faced Clinton Thistle and this one ended in a win for the away side by 5-1.

New Pitsligo were up against Faithlie Utd and this one ended all square with both sides netting once.

In the Soccerworld Scotland League, Longside Thistle faced Peterhead Utd and the away side went in front aqnd completed the game with a seven-goal victory.

Methlick faced Ardallie and this one ended up all square with both sides netting twice.

New Deer took on Cuminestown and the away side raced to a seven-goal lead at half time and they managed to score another two in the second half to end the game 9-0.

In the Terry Sutton Memorial Cup semi-final, Mormond Thistle faced Invercairn United and the home side went ahead very early through a penalty. The away side drew level then with 12 minutes remaining they got the winner.

The second semi saw Mintlaw face Balmoor and the away side took the lead early on, getting number three early in the second half. On 80 minutes a Fraser cross was met by Smith to reduce the lead. With two minutes remaining another cross was headed in to end the scoring.

The Ship Inn League Cup semi-final was between Panasonic and Invercairn Utd and the away side went in 1-0 up at half time and went on to score another two in the second half to reach the final.

In the Mormond Cup quarter-fina, Ardallie faced Peterhead Utd and the away side took an early lead. They doubled their lead on 62 minutes The match ended with the away side going into the semis.

Cuminestown faced Longside Thistle in another quarter final and it ended with the away side winning by the odd goal in five.

Buchanhaven faced New Deer and New Deer went in front. Into the second half they doubled their lead.

The home side pulled one back before a Gemmel shot was deflected past Esson in the home goal.

Simon Gemmel went on to score number four before getting his hatrick and New Deer’s fifth goal in off the post.

In the Highland Cup third round-Mormond Thistle faced Elgin Thistle and it was all square at full time with both sides netting once. Elgin won it in extra time by 3-2.

New Pitsligo played Banff Rovers and it was a comfortable passage for the home side as they went on to win by 4-1.

Mintlaw were on their travels to face Cullen. They booked their place in the last eight after winning a dramatic penalty shoot-out.